How to Roast Vegetables: 7 Secrets to Making Perfect Roasted Vegetables Every Time.
You can roast any vegetable, including carrots, broccoli, potatoes, Brussels sprouts, onions or green beans, and roasting them makes them perfectly crisp on the outside, tender on the inside, and a little bit sweet from the caramelization in the oven. It’s the best way to get your family to eat—and love--their vegetables.
How to Roast Vegetables: 7 Secrets to Making Perfect Roasted Vegetables
- Use a rimmed baking sheet. You can use parchment paper or foil on pan for easier cleanup, but it’s not necessary
- Use high heat (450) and roast in the center of the oven
- Cut the vegetables into even pieces. The smaller they are, the faster they will cook.
- Don’t crowd the vegetables—spread them evenly and give them a little space
- Toss with oil (1 - 2 Tbsp. for 1 lb. of vegetables) and salt (1/4 – 1/2 tsp.) (plus other seasonings if desired) in a bowl or directly on the pan with...
My hairdresser Christa Forgue told me she likes to make a whole chicken noodle soup in the slow cooker. This method is so easy and the flavor is just right—kind of like my Jewish grandmothers would have made if either of my Jewish grandmothers had been good cooks (they had lots of other good qualities.)
And for another great Slow Cooker Recipe, check out our Spicy Szechuan Ground Turkey and Green Beans recipe. To see our how-to video, click on this: Spicy Szechuan Ground Turkey and Green Beans video.
Watch the YouTube video:Chicken Noodle Soup in the Slow Cooker 8 servings, about 1 3/4 cups Prep (30 minutes) + Cook (3 – 10 hours) 2 carrots, sliced (about 1 cup) 3 stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup) 1/2 yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup) 2 garlic cloves, smashed peeled and coarsely chopped 3 1/2 lb. whole chicken, some or all skin removed, if desired 8 cups water 2 – 3 tsp. salt, to taste (3 works...
- frozen chicken ready to eat in 15 minutes
- spaghetti squash cooked in 6 minutes
- perfect easy to peel hard-boiled eggs in 6 minutes
- beans cooked from scratch in 25 minutes
- and so much more