My hairdresser Christa Forgue told me she likes to make a whole chicken noodle soup in the slow cooker. This method is so easy and the flavor is just right—kind of like my Jewish grandmothers would have made if either of my Jewish grandmothers had been good cooks (they had lots of other good qualities.)
And for another great Slow Cooker Recipe, check out our Spicy Szechuan Ground Turkey and Green Beans recipe. To see our how-to video, click on this: Spicy Szechuan Ground Turkey and Green Beans video.
Watch the YouTube video:Chicken Noodle Soup in the Slow Cooker 8 servings, about 1 3/4 cups Prep (30 minutes) + Cook (3 – 10 hours) 2 carrots, sliced (about 1 cup) 3 stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup) 1/2 yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup) 2 garlic cloves, smashed peeled and coarsely chopped 3 1/2 lb. whole chicken, some or all skin removed, if desired 8 cups water 2 – 3 tsp. salt, to taste (3 works...
This make ahead breakfast casserole recipe also makes a perfect savory make-ahead breakfast or brunch, and it’s got plenty of protein, healthy fat and vegetables to keep you feeling full and nourished for hours. The colorful vegetables in it also make it pretty enough to serve at a breakfast gathering and the green and red vegetables are perfect for Christmas morning breakfast!
Watch the video and subscribe to the YouTube channel:
Cheesy Spinach and Egg Bake is a perfect make ahead breakfast or brunch casserole recipe for holidays or lazy Sunday mornings. We love it for breakfast-for-dinner, too!
For more perfect Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole Recipes, check out our
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes Makes 12 servings
10 - 16 oz. (depends...
- Spinach and Quinoa Salad with Toasted Cashews and Dried Cranberries
- Mediterranean Couscous Toss
- Indian Spiced Salmon (and check out the new video to see just how easy it is to make it!)
- Fried Egg and Avocado Sandwiches
- Quick Tilapia with Lemon, Garlic, and Capers
- Hot Reuben Melts
- Rigatoni with Mushrooms, Marsala and Mascarpone
- Spiced Chicken with Maple Butter Glaze (this is one of my husband’s favorites!)
- Cajun Fish Sandwiches with Crunchy Slaw
- French Riviera Salad (Salad Licoise)