Dinner Time With Healthy Family Dinners
I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU! I work a full time job and have 2 year old twin girls…needless to say I have a limited amount of time to do anything! I used to really struggle between needing our family dinner to be quickly and easily prepared, and also wanting the food to be healthy and including as many fresh ingredients as possible. Your service allows for the best of both worlds and I am truly grateful! We have eaten dinner as a family every single night since we signed up. You’ve not only saved me money each week, but you’ve allowed me to spend more time playing with my girls, which is priceless to me! –Samantha Knapp, Portland, Oregon
Did you know that kids who eat dinner on a regular basis with their families are healthier physically and emotionally?
- Less likely to abuse unhealthy substances – “The more often children eat dinner with their families, the less likely they are to smoke, drink or use drugs,” according to research by The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA) at Columbia University.
- Less childhood obesity – One study in the Pediatric Journal suggests regular family meals improve children’s nutrition, reduce the risk of childhood obesity, and encourage healthy eating habits.
- Better emotional health – Research by two Emory psychology professors shows that families who regularly share meals together have children who know more about their family history and tend to have higher self-esteem, interact better with their peers and show higher resilience in the face of adversity.
Few families can sit down for a meal every night (Click here to read more). But the Scramble’s easy recipes and weekly dinner plans help family dinners together become much more of a nightly reality.
My family LOVES your Six O’Clock Scramble. I am now able to productively grocery shop and prepare wholesome meals for my husband and daughter. Thank you so much for this. I have been so extremely challenged in meal planning and preparing that I stopped cooking entirely. Trying to think of meals has been so stressful for me. My husband would come home from work just to prepare a fast and almost always unhealthy dinner with no variety. We were living day to day when it came to meals. Now with the scramble, he can come home and spend quality time with his daughter and I am able to prepare us all a good dinner which we can all enjoy together. Not to mention the leftovers provide my husband a great lunch to take to work the next day. This has so far changed our lives!!! I will certainly recommend this to others. –Alison Grissom, Glastonbury, Connecticut
Enter your email and you will get everything you need to help you meet the challenge:
- A Family Challenge Checklist: print it out, post it on refrigerator, and check off family meals as you go along.
- 4 weeks of family dinner recipes, including side dishes and grocery lists, so you can save time and money by making just one grocery trip each week. (You’ll get the first plan now and then each week for a month.)
- More tips and tools for healthy family eating