Meal Planning for a Healthy Diet
Dear Scramble, You did it! I am a family physician and my wife is an OB-GYN. We are busy, have 4 children, and feel strongly about doing as much of our own cooking as possible so we can be home and eating by 6pm with our children. Your website and great quick recipes make it possible. And even better is that we are eating low-fat heart-healthy foods that I can recommend to my patients and friends! Thanks for making The Scramble an even better resource for busy people! –Marc Bingham, MD, Boiling Springs, South Carolina
Unfortunately fast and easy too often means unhealthy. Take-out food, frozen dinners, and box mixes are full of salt, unhealthy fats, processed sweeteners, additives and chemicals. But how do you break out of the speed trap of fast food? How do you keep up with all the recommendations regarding healthy eating when you are short on time?
The Scramble prides itself on creating healthy and unprocessed meals that are also easy and quick to prepare:
- Fresh, unprocessed ingredients
- Balanced meals with main course and one or two easy and healthy side dishes
- Fruits and vegetables that are natural and in season (they taste better and cost less)
- Heart healthy oils and less fat
- Lean proteins (like skinless chicken and fresh fish) and vegetarian alternatives
- Whole grains
- Full nutritional information including calories, fat, carbohydrates and fiber
- Custom meal plans to accommodate special diets
All Scramble recipes are reviewed by a registered dietitian and incorporate the latest information on healthy eating. Time and time again we hear reports from our customers of their families eating more fruits and vegetables, and even losing unwanted weight, and reducing their cholesterol and blood pressure by eating our healthier meals. Try the Scramble and feel the benefits of eating better, more nutritious dinners.
Since I started The Scramble about a month ago, we have had a different meal for dinner every night and loved every one. We are eating more vegetables, no processed foods, eating out less, and I am sure we are losing weight as an added bonus! Thank you so much for this wonderful service- I can never see myself going back to our old boring way of eating! –Erica S.
I NEED to thank you! I already feel like an accomplished chef! I have always struggled with cooking, knowing what to make and how to do it. Thank you for giving me the tools I needed to avoid the take-out pattern, and to prepare truly fresh, easy and healthy meals for my family! –Diedre B., Northford, Connecticut
Enter your email and you will get everything you need to help you meet the challenge:
- A Family Challenge Checklist: print it out, post it on refrigerator, and check off family meals as you go along.
- 4 weeks of family dinner recipes, including side dishes and grocery lists, so you can save time and money by making just one grocery trip each week. (You’ll get the first plan now and then each week for a month.)
- More tips and tools for healthy family eating