Healthy Family Recipes for Quick Family Meals
My husband and I are thoroughly enjoying these meals. Most are ones I wouldn’t have thought to make, but every meal has been delicious and SIMPLE. Thank you so much for a GREAT idea — sure takes pressure off us for dinnertime (and grocery shopping!) — and we eat at home SOOOO much more. Thanks again!! –Pamela G., Glendora, California
Other convenience meals or 30-minute dinners cut prep time by relying on processed ingredients. Scramble meals are both healthy AND quick with each dinner meeting the following criteria for nutrition and flavor:
- Lots of fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables: Scramble meal plans emphasize what’s in season for maximum flavor (and lower costs). Side dishes also include seasonal fruits and vegetables so you can effortlessly add these nutrition packed foods into your diet.
- Whole grains: Scramble recipes introduce great whole grain sides and ingredients into your meals like quick-cooking brown rice, bulgur wheat and quinoa.
- Lean proteins: The Scramble focuses on lean proteins like chicken, fish, lean meats, beans, eggs and tofu. Many Scramble recipes are vegetarian or have vegetarian options.
- Low in Fat: Meals are generally low in fat (less than 30% of calories from fat) and low in saturated fat.
- High in fiber: Most Scramble meals have more than 1/4 of your daily fiber needs.
- Low in sodium: Scramble recipes include no more than 1/3 of your daily sodium requirement, on average, and often have far less.
- Healthy Portions: Portions are of a healthy, reasonable size, and we include suggested portion sizes to help you meet your healthy eating goals
- Reviewed by a Dietitian: We work with a registered dietitian to make sure that every recipe has a full nutritional analysis to help you make healthy choices.
- Fewer Ingredients: Scramble recipes simplify cooking by using fewer than 10 ingredients.
- Easy-to-follow directions: Our directions are so clear and organized that you can delegate parts or all of dinner prep to teens, your spouse or other family helpers. Instructions even tell you when to begin cooking sides, and tips for advance preparation.
- Family tested: Our toughest review process is by families like yours who test every new recipe and continually rate recipes on our site.
Try some of our quick, healthy recipes for yourself :
- Caesar Salad with Chicken
- Baked Apricot Chicken
- Spinach Calzones
- Japanese Vegetable Noodle Soup
- Magic Salmon in a Foil Packet
- Sautéed Mini Chicken Burgers
- Moo Shu Vegetable Wraps
- Ravioli with Spinach and Sundried Tomatoes
- Soup-er Easy Black Bean and Corn Soup
Just wanted to let you know that everything is working beautifully and I love The Scramble! It really has changed our household – so many more delicious, healthy homemade dinners than we had before. And they really are delicious (and easy)! Thanks so much for providing this service. –Erin Sheehy, Washington, DC
Enter your email and you will get everything you need to help you meet the challenge:
- A Family Challenge Checklist: print it out, post it on refrigerator, and check off family meals as you go along.
- 4 weeks of family dinner recipes, including side dishes and grocery lists, so you can save time and money by making just one grocery trip each week. (You’ll get the first plan now and then each week for a month.)
- More tips and tools for healthy family eating