What Information Is Collected?
You are free to explore the public side (this includes the home page, about, sample menu & special diets, blog, and scramble store) without providing any information. If you subscribe to The Scramble or make a purchase of our ebooks, we collect your e-mail address, billing information (credit card number, expiration date, and billing address), subscription selections, and recipient information when subscriptions are purchased as gifts.
Use of Information
Use of Personal Information
- improve your browsing experience;
- send information or Six O’Clock Scramble content to you which we think may be of interest to you by email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- promote use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- provide other companies with statistical information about our users — but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- meet legal requirements.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we do not transfer your personal information to the third party.
Use of Credit Card Information
If you give us credit card information, we use it solely to collect payment from you. We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
Information About Children
The Six O’Clock Scramble is not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16 If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com, so that we may delete the information.
The Six O’Clock Scramble wants you to be aware that when you click on links and/or banners that take you to third-party Web sites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies, not ours. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, we cannot be responsible for the actions of third parties. Therefore, we encourage you to read the posted privacy statement and user terms and conditions whenever interacting with, and prior to providing any personal information to, any other Web site.
We use industry-standard technology to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, such as firewalls and secure socket layer encryption technology.
However, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we make diligent efforts to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, we cannot warrant the security of information you transmit to us.
Reviewing, Correcting, and Removing Your Personal Information
In addition, you have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates, or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland, and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable time frame and notify you of the action we have taken.
Updating your Communications Preferences
Members and non-members of The Six O’Clock Scramble can control what types of communications you receive from us. For members, to adjust your subscription and email preferences, go to the My Account. For non-members, you can use the link provided at the bottom of every email to update your email preferences.
Use of Information by Advertisers
Your Consent and Changes to this Policy