Amazing Zucchini Pie
So many Scramblers and cookbook owners and friends are crazy about this easy zucchini recipe. Zucchini Pie is mild and simple enough to appeal to the palates of many different tastes. Kids love this easy zucchini recipe because it tastes a little like pizza!
- 1 Tbsp. butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 zucchini or use yellow squash thinly sliced (4-5 cups)
- 1/2 large yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced, about 1 tsp.
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 prepared 9-inch pie crust
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard (use wheat/gluten-free if needed)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or use Swiss or Gruyere
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter or oil over medium heat and sauté the zucchini, onions and garlic until they are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Press the pie crust into a pie dish and spread the mustard evenly over the crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese and zucchini mixture. Pour everything into the pie crust and spread it evenly.
- Bake it for 30 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes (or refrigerate it for up to 24 hours or let it cool and freeze it for up to 3 months.)
Do Ahead or Delegate: Slice the zucchini, dice the onion, peel the garlic, combine the dry seasonings, beat and refrigerate the eggs, shred the cheese if necessary and refrigerate, or fully prepare and refrigerate or freeze the pie. Scramble Flavor Booster: Use Swiss, Gruyere, or another sharp cheese, rather than the mozzarella. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 200, Total Fat: 12g, 18%; Saturated Fat: 5g, 23%; Cholesterol: 65mg, 22%; Sodium: 520mg, 22%; Total Carbohydrate: 11g, 4%; Dietary Fiber: 1g, 4%; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 11g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!