Blueberry Basil and Lemon Smoothie
This flavor combination is summery and refreshing, perfect before or after a workout or a walk. The herbs make it extra fragrant, and the yogurt and banana make the smoothie creamy.
- 1 cup plain yogurt Greek or traditional
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 lemon with the rind if you have a powerful blender (if not just use juice)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 small cucumber halved (about 6 inches long)
- 1 banana preferably frozen
- 1-3 Tbsp. sugar to taste (optional)
- Puree in a blender until smooth.
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Calories: 136kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 4gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 33mgPotassium: 403mgFiber: 4gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 454IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 107mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!