Breakfast-Ready Apple Crisp
- 1 cup rolled oats (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½-1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- ½ cup chopped nuts walnuts, almonds, pecans all work well here
- 8 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 3 – 4 firm apples such as Gala or Jonagold peeled, cored, and chopped, about 4 -5 cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the oats, almond flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt and pulse until the mixture forms a coarse meal.
- Add the chopped nuts and pulse once.
- Cut the butter up into ½-inch chunks and add to the mixture. Pulse until the butter is broken up (some small lumps are fine!).
- Put the apples in the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch baking dish or a 9 to 12-inch oven-safe skillet, top them with the oat mixture, and bake it for 30 – 40 minutes, or until top is just starting to get golden.