Celia's Simply Irresistible Spaghetti
Kids and kids-at-heart can’t resist this oh-so-simple, yet oh-so-delicious spaghetti that is Scramble founder Aviva's daughter Celia's favorite.
- 16 oz. spaghetti (use wheat/gluten-free if needed)
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 - 6 cloves garlic minced, about 2 - 3 tsp.
- 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions in salted water until it is al dente.
- After the spaghetti has cooked for about 5 minutes, heat the butter and olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, stir in the garlic for 30 – 60 seconds until it is fragrant. Keep it warm over low heat until the spaghetti is cooked and drained.
- After draining the spaghetti, return it to the pot and stir in the butter sauce and the salt. Stir in the parsley, and serve it topped with Parmesan cheese.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Cook the pasta and store tossed with a little oil to prevent sticking, peel the garlic, chop the parsley, grate the cheese if necessary and refrigerate. Scramble Flavor Booster: Serve the spaghetti with crushed red pepper flakes or freshly ground black pepper. To jazz it up, you can add toasted pine nuts, capers, olives, canned clams, or cooked and crumbled bacon. Tip: Using the combination of butter and olive oil gives dishes a rich flavor without as much saturated fat as using butter alone. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 410, Total Fat: 15g, 23%; Saturated Fat: 6g, 30%; Cholesterol: 20mg, 7%; Sodium: 250mg, 10%; Total Carbohydrate: 58g, 19%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 8%; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 11g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!