Crunchy Rainbow Wraps
This is a fantastic quick and healthy weeknight meal. The fillings and spreads are infinitely variable based on what’s in your refrigerator or your imagination.
- 4 oz. light vegetable cream cheese or use Boursin cheese or blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 6 large flavored wraps such as spinach or red pepper or whole wheat or flour tortillas
- 6 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots 2 – 3 carrots
- 1 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage or use peeled and diced cucumber
- 1/4 red onion finely diced (1/2 cup total)
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup crumbled blue or shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
Spread a thin layer of cream cheese (or other spread) on one side of each tortilla, and top it with a lettuce leaf.
Distribute the fillings evenly on the tortillas (or customize them to your family members’ tastes), fold in the ends, and roll them up burrito or wrap-style.
Cut each wrap in half diagonally to expose the rainbow within.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Shred the carrots and cabbage, if necessary, dice the onion, crumble or shred the cheese, if necessary, and refrigerate.
Scramble Flavor Booster: Use the flavored wraps and sprinkle some hot pepper sauce on the cream cheese (or use jalapeño cream cheese) before topping it with the lettuce.
Tip: If you want to save some effort, double this recipe and send it in your kids' lunches the following day (wait to wrap them until the morning so they don't get soggy overnight).
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 298, Total Fat: 17g, 27%; Saturated Fat: 8g, 40%; Cholesterol: 30mg, 10%; Sodium: 580mg, 24%; Total Carbohydrate: 26g, 9%; Dietary Fiber: 6g, 24%; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 10g
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!