Crunchy Veggie Wraps
Having a dinner that each family member can customize usually means everybody’s happy with the meal, which makes us cooks happy, too. These festive wraps are easy to adapt to your own tastes or refrigerator’s contents. Consider adding sliced beets, chickpeas or white beans, romaine lettuce or baby greens, sliced red onions or bell peppers, sprouts, or whatever strikes your fancy.
- 4 oz. chive or vegetable cream cheese or light Laughing Cow garlic and herb spreadable cheese
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (use wheat/gluten free, if needed)
- 2 cups shredded carrots about 2 carrots, matchstick cut
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 - 2 cucumber peeled (if desired) and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Caesar salad dressing (store-bought or homemade) see directions below for homemade directions
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese or spreadable cheese on each tortilla.
- Fill each tortilla with about ¼ cup shredded carrots, a couple of slices of avocado and cucumber, and a 1 tsp. drizzle of Caesar dressing.
- Fold up the bottom of the tortilla and roll them up as tightly as possible, letting the colorful vegetables peek out of the top. Enjoy immediately.
Caesar Dressing Directions
- Whisk together 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. minced garlic (about 1 clove), 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon), 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 tsp. anchovy paste (or use soy sauce for a vegetarian alternative).
Do Ahead or Delegate: Shred the carrots if necessary, slice the cucumbers, prepare and refrigerate the salad dressing if making your own. Scramble Flavor Booster: Add some fresh ground pepper, lemon pepper seasoning, or red pepper flakes to the wraps before rolling them up. Tip: These are great wraps to send in your kids’ lunchboxes. Serve the dressing on the side though, so that the wraps aren’t soggy by lunchtime. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 238, Total Fat: 10g, 14.5%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 9.5%; Cholesterol: 5mg, 2%; Sodium: 300mg, 12.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 35g, 11.5%; Dietary Fiber: 6g, 23%; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 6g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!