Honey-Glazed Chicken with Mango Salsa
My whole family gobbled up this chicken, inspired by a recipe from The National Mango Board’s website.
- 3 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce (or use any variety) (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 2 1/3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 clove garlic minced, about 1/2 tsp.
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half crosswise (the short way)
- 1 cups large mango or use 2 peaches, cubed, or use 1 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lime juice only, about 1 Tbsp.
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat the broiler and position the oven rack 3 – 4 inches from the heating source. Spray a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, 2 Tbsp. honey, the garlic, and ginger. Remove 2 Tbsp. of the mixture and set it aside.
- Add the chicken to the bowl with the sauce and turn it until it is coated.
- Place the chicken on the broiler pan and cook it for 5 minutes until it turns golden. Flip the chicken and spoon the reserved sauce evenly over the top. Broil it for about 5 more minutes until it is cooked through (the chicken should no longer be pink in the middle and its internal temperature should be 165 degrees). Remove it from the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a medium serving bowl, toss together the mango, cilantro, lime juice, 1 tsp. honey, and crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
- Serve the chicken topped with the mango salsa.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Cut the chicken and refrigerate, peel the garlic, peel and mince the ginger, make the marinade and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator, cube the mango, chop the cilantro, juice the lime, prepare and refrigerate the salsa. Scramble Flavor Booster: Double the garlic and use the optional red pepper flakes. Tip: To dice a mango, hold the unpeeled mango upright on the counter, with the stem on top. Slice the mango in half from top to bottom, staying as close along the long, flat side of the pit as possible. Place the unpeeled mango halves skin side down on a cutting board and score them all the way through the fruit to the skin to make squares. Turn the skin inside out and slice the fruit from the skin. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 270, Total Fat: 3g, 4%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 3%; Cholesterol: 100mg, 33%; Sodium: 560mg, 23%; Total Carbohydrate: 21g, 7%; Dietary Fiber: 1g, 4%; Sugar: 18g; Protein: 40g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!