Indian Spiced Salmon
Scramble member since the early days Jolynn Dellinger shared this delightfully easy yet sophisticated recipe for salmon—it has become one of the most popular and highest rated recipes in the Scramble’s repertoire.
- 1 1/2 lbs. salmon fillet preferably wild salmon
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat the broiler. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil, and set the rack about 4 inches from the heating element.
- Cut the salmon into 4 serving size pieces. Pour the olive oil in a small bowl or dish and brush it over the fish with a pastry brush.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, curry powder and salt and rub it evenly over the fillets.
- Broil the fish for 12-14 minutes, without flipping it, until it is browned on top and cooked through, and flakes easily in the thickest part of the fillet. Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn, and lower the rack if it is browning too quickly before the inside is cooked through.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Combine the dry seasonings. Scramble Flavor Booster: Spice it up by doubling the curry powder and adding 1/2 tsp. cumin and 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper. Tip: We love the non-stick variety of foil. It makes it very easy to slide delicate food off the pan without fearing that it will Nutritional Information per serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 320, Total Fat 17g, 26%, Saturated Fat 3g, 14%, Cholesterol 125mg, 41%, Sodium 380mg, 16%, Total Carbohydrate 1g, 0%, Dietary Fiber 0g, 0%, Protein 39g, Sugar 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!