Peanut Butter, Banana, and Chocolate Overnight Oatmeal
This make-ahead snack or breakfast is packed with protein, offers a serving of fruit, and is filling and delicious. The perfect answer for busy mornings or afternoon snack time! [recipe-video]
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed) or use 1/4 cup steel cut oats (the steel cut oats are chewier—I prefer them that way but some don’t like the chewy texture)
- 1 tsp. chia seeds optional
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt for flavor and contrast to the sweet ingredients
- 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa nibs (also called raw chocolate or cacao), (delicious if you can find them), or use finely chopped unsweetened chocolate (optional)
- 1 banana 1/2 mashed into the jar and 1/2 thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened peanut butter or use almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, vanilla or regular flavor, or use dairy milk or plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened peanut butter powder (optional)
- In a 16 oz. jar, combine the dry ingredients,and the mashed banana, then stir in the milk and banana slices. Put the lid on the jar, shake it, and refrigerate it for at least 8 hours and up to 12. In the morning, give it a shake or a stir and warm it, to taste.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 541, Total Fat: 22g, 33%; Saturated Fat: 5g, 25.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 297mg, 12.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 73g, 24.5%; Dietary Fiber: 15g, 60%; Sugar: 18g; Protein: 19g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!