Protein-Packed Oven Pancakes
This recipe is one of my all-time favorite cooking hacks because (as my boys will attest to) I am terrible at making pancakes. They are my cooking nemesis! But by baking the pancakes in the oven, not only are there no burnt ones, but everyone gets their pancakes at the same time! When I am feeling inspired I can easily make them into creative shapes using a cookie cutter, which makes me feel like a true rock star mom.
- 6 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil (melted)
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 cups plain low fat yogurt (or use any variety)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I like the white whole wheat from King Arthur Flour, use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries or use mixed berries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325. Grease a large baking sheet that has a rim.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter or coconut oil, honey, yogurt, and eggs.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until the flour is just mixed in, some lumps are fine. Gently fold in the frozen berries, if using.
- Pour the mixture into the baking sheet and gently spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 13 minutes. Then switch your oven to broil and broil for 2 minutes, checking after 1 minute, or until it is just starting to go golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and cut the giant pancake into the size pancakes you would like, or use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes. Serve.
Note: If you have leftovers, they freeze well for weekday breakfasts or even lunches! Nutritional Information per Serving (% based upon Daily Values): Calories 291, Total Fat 15g, 23%, Saturated Fat 11g, 54.5%, Cholesterol 101mg, 33.5%, Sodium 650mg, 27%, Carbohydrate 31.5g, 10.5%, Dietary Fiber 2.5g, 9.5%, Sugar 7.5g, Protein 9g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Healthy Breakfast: Create a Quick and Healthy Breakfast Buffet
Thursday 2nd of July 2020
[…] pancakes, or muffins made and frozen in […]
Ways to Save Money on Food
Thursday 18th of June 2020
[…] leftovers for quick breakfast and snack options throughout the week. Some of our favorites include protein-packed oven pancakes, oatmeal waffles, and bunny’s delight […]