Ravioli Soup with Grated Zucchini
This 5-ingredient soup, suggested by Scramble fan Maggie Martin, is simply delicious and so easy that you may even have time to let the kids help you make it (or make it for you if they’re old enough).
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth or use any variety
- 18 oz. cheese ravioli (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 2 zucchini
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper or to taste
- In a stockpot, bring the broth to a boil.
- Add the ravioli to the pot and let it cook according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, grate the zucchini with a cheese grater or the grating attachment on your food processor.
- When the pasta is almost fully cooked, add the zucchini to the soup and cook it for one or two minutes more.
- Season each bowl with Parmesan cheese and pepper, to taste.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Cook the ravioli and store tossed with a little oil to prevent sticking, grate the zucchini, shred the Parmesan cheese if necessary and refrigerate. Scramble Flavor Booster: Top the soup with freshly grated aged Parmesan cheese and season it with freshly ground black pepper. Tip: The zucchini will be less flimsy and easier to grate if you cut it in half the short way first. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 240, Total Fat: 7g, 11%; Saturated Fat: 4g, 20%; Cholesterol: 55mg, 18%; Sodium: 320mg, 13%; Total Carbohydrate: 30g, 10%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 12%; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 13g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!