Rigatoni with Tomatoes and Olives
This is a delicious, simple recipe for a weeknight dinner. Scramble recipe tester, Debbie Firestone said, "I think that was our favorite test recipe, so far. Easy to fix, and delicious."
- 1 pkg. rigatoni noodles (use wheat/gluten-free if needed) 16 oz.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced, about 2 tsp.
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes with their liquid
- 6 oz. black olives canned, whole or sliced, drained
- 1/4 tsp. salt optional
- 1 cup fresh parsley minced
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook the garlic for about 1 minute until it becomes fragrant and golden.
- Add the tomatoes and olives, salt (optional) and pepper and simmer until the pasta is finished.
- In a large metal bowl, combine the rigatoni with the sauce and parsley. Top it with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Scramble Flavor Booster: Top with crushed red pepper flakes. Tip: I love using a large metal bowl for serving pasta, as it keeps the food warm and makes it look so appetizing! Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 260, Total Fat: 5g, 7%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 3%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 180mg, 8%; Total Carbohydrate: 46g, 15%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 8%; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 8g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!