Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
Strawberries and cream might be one of my all-time favorite combinations. There is something about it that immediately makes me think of warm weather, childhood, and happiness, so this breakfast is one that always brings a smile to my face. Top it with some maple syrup or brown sugar if you want added sweetness and almonds for crunch and extra protein.
- 1 cup rolled oats (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt (or use any variety)
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen, sliced
- 1/4 cup milk (use any kind you have)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine all of the ingredients in a 20 oz. or larger jar or container with a lid. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Serve either cold or microwave to heat it up.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Slice and refrigerate the strawberries. Scramble Flavor Booster: Top the oatmeal with some maple syrup or brown sugar and chopped almonds. Tip: If you’re using frozen strawberries, let them sit out at room temperature just long enough that you’re able to slice them. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 138, Total Fat: 3g, 4%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 6%; Cholesterol: 5mg, 2%; Sodium: 51mg, 2%; Total Carbohydrate: 22g, 7%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 11%; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 7g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!