Tilapia Topped with Warm Cherry Tomatoes
This dish takes about 10 minutes start to finish, but you would never know it from the beautiful presentation and delicious flavor. Tilapia is a great fish to use for weeknights, because it is inexpensive, earth-friendly, and cooks quickly, plus the mild taste is appealing to kids.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 - 1 1/2 lb. tilapia fillets or other thin white fish fillets such as trout, flounder, or cod
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper or to taste
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes halved about 2 cups
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives halved
- 1/4 lemon juice only, about 1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese optional
- In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the fish and season it with salt and pepper.
- Cook the tilapia, flipping it once, until it turns white throughout and flakes easily, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a platter.
- In the same skillet (without wiping it clean) sauté the tomatoes, parsley, and olives for 3 - 4 minutes until the tomatoes are softened.
- Season it with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Pour it over the fish, top it with the Parmesan cheese (optional), and serve it immediately.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Halve the tomatoes and the olives, chop the parsley, juice the lemon, shred the cheese if necessary and refrigerate. Scramble Flavor Booster: Add 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes to the skillet with the tomatoes, or serve them at the table. Tip: Sautéing tomatoes brings out their sweetness. This is a good method to use if you’re preparing tomatoes when they are out of season, as it will enhance their flavor. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 200, Total Fat: 12g, 18%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 5%; Cholesterol: 102mg, 34%; Sodium: 180mg, 8%; Total Carbohydrate: 6g, 2%; Dietary Fiber: 1g, 4%; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 19g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!