Wilted Garlicky Spinach
A long-time Scramble favorite, this dish will convince almost anyone to love spinach!
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic minced, about 2 tsp.
- 6 - 9 oz. baby spinach
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until it is shimmering.
- Add the garlic and sauté it for 30 seconds - 1 minute until it is fragrant but before it is browned.
- Add the spinach, tossing it thoroughly with the oil using tongs, cover the pan, reduce the heat, and steam the spinach for about 2 minutes until it is just wilted. Transfer it to a serving bowl and season it with salt and pepper, to taste.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 77, Total Fat: 7g, 11%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 49mg, 2%; Total Carbohydrate: 3g, 1%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 6%; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!