Fall Giveaway! Kitchen Gadgets for Easy Meal Planning
As you know, I spend a LOT of time in the kitchen, either testing new recipes for The Scramble or prepping meals for my family. This is why I am particularly selective with the products that come in. When Mealthy contacted me, I wasn’t too familiar with the brand but I was open to testing their products.
After making their Pressure Cooker Faux-tisserie Chicken (ready in 45 minutes, including the time coming to pressure) and zucchini fries with their CrispLid (an air fryer that attaches to your pressure cooker—genius!), I have to say it is now my new favorite kitchen gadget.
One of my biggest complaints about both slow cookers and pressure cookers is that you don’t get that crispy top on meat or casseroles (what can I say, I’m a sucker for a brown and bubbling melted cheese on my lasagna). The CrispLid fixes that. With just a few minutes of CrispLid action, a meal that might have been passable for me before now becomes a delight.
I also have to say, it is also really fun to watch things cook inside. You can see the browning, crisping, and bubbling as it happens!
So, as you can imagine, we’re very excited to announce that we have teamed up with Mealthy for a special giveaway that will help you take the pressure out of getting dinner on the table.
Here’s what’s included in the giveaway package:
- The Mealthy Multipot, a multicooker that has everything you need in one beautiful and convenient appliance: pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, rice cooker, yogurt maker, sauté pan, and much more!
- The Mealthy CrispLid, which converts any electric pressure cooker into an air fryer (again, genius!). This means that you can broil, crisp, and air fry directly in the steel pot of your electric pressure cooker.
- A 3-month membership to The Scramble (if you are already a member the 3 months will be added to your membership!)
- Two ecookbooks from The Scramble: Slow Cooker Recipes and Family Friendly Pressure Cooker Recipes
Between the pressure cooker and slow cooker instructions that are included in many of our recipes and these two appliances, so much of the dinner pressure can be relieved and meal planning can be done in minutes!
Here are the rules to enter:
- No purchase or fee necessary to enter.
- Like us both on Instagram (Mealthy and The Scramble)
- Tag two friends
- Open to US and Canadian residents aged 18 or older.
- Giveaway closes Sunday, September 29, 2019 at 11:59pm, EDT.
Winner will be chosen at random using an online random pick generator. The total value of the prize package is $197.98 ($94.95 for the Multipot, $59.95 for the CrispLid, $35 for the 3-month membership to The Scramble, and 7.98 for the two ebooks). Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries.
Once I had played around with the CrispLid using the recipes that came with the lid, I decided to start experimenting a little bit. One of my favorite healthy snacks is crispy chickpeas. The only problem is that they take forever to make in the oven and I never feel like I get them crispy enough. But with the CrispLid all of that changed! They were so quick, so stinking easy, and SO good (I had planned to serve them with dinner one night but they were gone before the rest of dinner was even ready for the table because everyone loved them so much).
- 15 oz. canned chickpeas drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir well so that the chickpeas are coated in the oil and spices.
- Place the chickpea mixture into the air fryer basket and spread out in a single layer (if using a Mealthy CrispLid, place the basket on the trivet to raise it up). (If you don't have an air fryer, preheat your oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the chickpeas on the baking sheet in a single layer.)
- Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until they are browning and crispy, tossing once or twice to get even cooking, if necessary. (If using the oven, bake for 20 - 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.)
- Store in an open container.