Almond-Date Spice Balls
These little balls pack a serious punch! Chock-full of whole grains, protein, sweetness, and spice, they are perfect for starting your day off right, perking you up during your afternoon slump, or serving as a sweet treat at the end of a meal.
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a food processor or high powered blender, pulse the oats, almond meal, and spices until they are the consistency of flour.
- Add the dates, vanilla, and 1 Tbsp. water and pulse until the mixture starts to clump together. Add another 1 Tbsp. water if it is not starting to clump.
- Scoop out 1 Tbsp. measures and roll between your hands to form balls. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Combine the spices or fully prepare and refrigerate or freeze the balls. Scramble Flavor Booster: Boost the cinnamon, cardamom, and/or ginger. Tip: If you dampen your hands before you start to roll the balls, the mixture won’t stick to your hands as much. Repeat as necessary. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 227, Total Fat: 5g, 7%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 2%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 2mg, 0%; Total Carbohydrate: 47g, 16%; Dietary Fiber: 6g, 23%; Sugar: 33g; Protein: 4g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!