These ghoulish toasts pack in whole grains and healthy fats to keep the hunger demons at bay during trick or treating.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 2 avocados
- 1 - 2 slices white cheese such as Cheddar, mozzarella, or Monterey Jack
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives
- 12 – 16 blue tortilla chips
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 8 toothpicks
- Toast the slices of bread.
- While the bread is toasting, prepare the face components.
- Cut the avocados in half and then thinly slice.
- Set 8 olives aside, slice 4 olives cross-wise into circles for eyes, and slice the rest of the olives into thin strips for mouths and eyebrows.
- Cut small circles out of the cheese slices so they are slightly bigger than the round olive slices. (The cheese circles will be the backs of the eyes.)
- When the toast is done, trim each piece of toast into a rectangle and the spread the avocado slices out onto the toasts, one half per slice of toast. Decorate the faces using the cheese and olives, and the corn chips for hair.
- Use the toothpicks to hold the full olives into the sides of the bread.
Video: Watch Jessica make these on Facebook Live! Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 588, Total Fat 24g, 37%, Saturated Fat 5g, 25%, Cholesterol 8mg, 3%, Sodium 401mg, 17%, Total Carbohydrate 90g, 30%, Fiber 16g, 64%, Sugar 25g, Protein 20g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!