This savory snack is packed with fiber and protein. They are fun to munch on, but also make a fantastic topping for salads!
- 15 oz. canned chickpeas drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir well so that the chickpeas are coated in the oil and spices.
- Place the chickpea mixture into the air fryer basket and spread out in a single layer (if using a Mealthy CrispLid, place the basket on the trivet to raise it up). (If you don't have an air fryer, preheat your oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the chickpeas on the baking sheet in a single layer.)
- Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until they are browning and crispy, tossing once or twice to get even cooking, if necessary. (If using the oven, bake for 20 - 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.)
- Store in an open container.
Nutritional Information per serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 178, Total Fat 6g, 10%, Saturated Fat 1g, 3%, Cholesterol 0mg, 0%, Sodium 262mg, 11%, Total Carbohydrate 24g, 8% Dietary Fiber 7g, 27% Sugar 4g, Protein 8g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!