Avocados Stuffed with Tuna Salad
This is our take on a popular Chilean dish, Palta Reina, suggested by our friend Pamela Navarro-Watson. The avocados make a beautiful presentation, and the best part is that no cooking is required! The avocados can be stuffed with chicken, shrimp, egg, or crab salad instead of the tuna, if your family prefers.
- 12 oz. chunk light tuna packed in water drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 red bell pepper finely diced (about 1/4 cup), or substitute celery
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 lemon juice only, about 2 Tbsp.
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, and bell pepper or celery and stir until it is thoroughly mixed together.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, remove the pits, and sprinkle them with lemon juice and salt.
- Fill the avocados with the tuna salad, mounding the tuna. You can eat the salad and avocado flesh right out of the avocado “bowl”.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Dice the bell pepper, make and refrigerate the tuna salad, juice the lemon. Scramble Flavor Booster: Add the zest of 1 lemon to the tuna or sprinkle everything with salt-free lemon pepper seasoning. Tip: Chunk light tuna is much lower in mercury than albacore tuna, and is high in omega-3s and protein. Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Calories: 248kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 17gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 325mgFiber: 6gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!