Baked Blueberry French Toast
The beauty of this baked French toast is that you can get it all ready the night before, so you just need to assemble and bake it in the morning.
- 1 small loaf day-old challah or French bread
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup milk any variety
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch thick slices and lay the slices in the baking dish to cover the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla. Stir in the milk and mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the bread in the baking dish, turning the slices to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter with two forks or your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Cover and refrigerate.
- In the morning, heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Turn the bread slices over in the baking dish, scatter the blueberries over the bread, and sprinkle it with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake it for 50 minutes to 1 hour until it is golden brown. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes and cut it into squares to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 233, Total Fat: 9g, 13.5%; Saturated Fat: 5g, 24%; Cholesterol: 89mg, 29.5%; Sodium: 171mg, 7%; Total Carbohydrate: 31g, 10.5%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 7%; Sugar: 14g; Protein: 8g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
What Dads Want for Father’s Day: Dads Tell All (plus some recipe ideas)
Monday 17th of August 2020
[…] that dad that wants French toast, surprise him with this delectable Overnight Baked Blueberry French Toast or Cheesy Spinach and Egg […]
The Knives you Need to Make Chopping and Food Prep Easy
Thursday 13th of August 2020
[…] for slicing breads of all sorts, this is an essential tool and will make preparing this French toast recipe so much easier. My friends gave me this one (affiliate) as a birthday gift about 10 years ago and I […]
What Moms REALLY Want for For Mother's Day
Monday 27th of April 2020
[…] Overnight Baked Blueberry French Toast […]