Black Bean Dip
Whipping up a batch of this luscious dip only takes 10 minutes, which makes it the perfect side dish or snack for almost any occasion.
- 15 oz. reduced-sodium canned black beans (or use any variety)(or use 1 1/2 cups home-cooked beans for every 15 oz. can), drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 lime juice only, about 2 Tbsp.
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, or use 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tomato diced, for serving (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped, for serving (optional)
- 1/4 yellow onion chopped, for serving (optional)
- 4 cups tortilla chips (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)(store bought or homemade), for serving (optional)
- 8 oz. green beans, fresh or frozen blanched, for serving (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper sliced, for serving (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, puree together all the ingredients except the optional toppings.
- If too thick, add 1/8 – 1/4 cup water.
- Serve topped with the tomatoes, cilantro, and/or onions; and with the tortilla chips, green beans, and/or bell pepper for dipping, if desired.
Scramble Flavor Booster: For spicier flavor, add 1 chipotle pepper or 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 63, Total Fat: 2g, 3.5%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 0%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 81mg, 3.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 8g, 2.5%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 10%; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 3g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!