Carrot and Apple Salad with Pecans
This takes a Scramble favorite, Carrot and Apple Salad, up a notch by adding extra crunch, protein, and creaminess into the mix. The ingredient combination may seem strange, but the flavors work surprisingly well.
- 2 cups shredded carrots matchstick cut
- 1 green apple peeled and shredded or diced
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins optional
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise or use lemon juice, or use any variety
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- In a serving bowl, combine the carrots, apples, pecans, and raisins (optional).
- Toss the salad with a dressing made of the mayonnaise, orange juice, and honey.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 130, Total Fat: 10g, 15%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 5%; Cholesterol: 5mg, 0%; Sodium: 50mg, 2%; Total Carbohydrate: 10g, 3%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 12%; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!