Cheesy Stuffed Bread
This is a fun and simple snack or appetizer that is perfect for your next party, potluck, and just fun family night.
- 1 15-18 inch baguette
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups Gouda cheese cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil finely chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped shallot optional
- Slice off both ends of the baguette. Cut the baguette into 6-8 inch long pieces so that your knife can reach all the way into the middle from both sides. Using a long serrated knife and working from the both ends, hollow out the baguette, leaving about ½-inch thick crust all around.
- In food processor, pulse the ham until chopped into small pieces, but not ground fine and put in a mixing bowl. Do the same with the cheese and the bread that you have removed from the middle of the baguette. Add the remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Using a long narrow spoon, fill the baguettes with the ham and cheese mixture, working from both sides of the bread so that you can reach the middle. Pack the filling tight. Wrap the stuffed baguettes tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate them for at least two hours and up to two days.
- Right before serving, slice the baguettes into ½-inch thick slices and serve.
Nutritional Information per Serving (% based upon Daily Values): Calories 255, Total Fat 11.5g, 17.5%, Saturated Fat 5.5g, 27.5%, Cholesterol 46mg, 15.5%, Sodium 679mg, 28.5%, Carbohydrate 5g, 1.5%, Dietary Fiber 0g, 0%, Sugar 1g, Protein 12.5g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!