Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
This sweet and creamy Chocolate banana “ice cream” is completely satisfying even with no added sugar. Cool and creamy, you won’t miss traditional ice cream nor any guilt that goes with it! Add chocolate, peanut butter or strawberries to create your favorite custom flavors.
- 4 bananas peeled and frozen
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk optional
- Peanut butter cocoa nibs, chopped nuts (optional)
- Blend the frozen bananas and the cocoa powder in a standing blender. Add the milk, if desired, for easier blending. (You can also add a spoon of peanut or other nut butter, maple syrup, and/or a touch of vanilla extract.) Blend until smooth.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 129, Total Fat: 1g, 2%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 3%; Cholesterol: 1mg, 0.5%; Sodium: 19mg, 1.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 32g, 10.5%; Dietary Fiber: 5g, 19.5%; Sugar: 16g; Protein: 4g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Healthy Summer Desserts & Getting Kids to Cook
Friday 12th of June 2020
[…] Chocolate Banana Ice Cream […]
How to Keep Kids Busy During Coronavirus Closures
Sunday 15th of March 2020
[…] Chocolate Banana Ice Cream: This one is always a hit, but does require using a blender or food processor, so you will want to help out. […]
How to use cacao nibs
Thursday 21st of November 2019
[…] Sprinkled on Chocolate Banana “ice cream” […]