Chocolate Pudding with Fresh Raspberries
This simple recipe is the perfect sweet treat– decadent enough for special occasions and yet simple enough that your kids can make it!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 3/4 cups low fat milk (or use any variety)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh raspberries optional
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter chips optional
- In a small heavy stockpot over medium-high heat, combine the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt.
- Whisk in the milk, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, stirring and scraping the bottom and edges of the pot frequently, until the mixture is thick and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into 4 small bowls or ramekins, put a raspberry in the center, cover, and refrigerate until cool, at least 30 minutes and up to 3 days. Serve topped with additional raspberries or peanut butter chips, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 165, Total Fat: 1g, 0.5%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 1.5%; Cholesterol: 3mg, 1%; Sodium: 162mg, 7%; Total Carbohydrate: 32g, 11%; Dietary Fiber: 0g, 0%; Sugar: 25g; Protein: 6g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!