Cilantro Lime Shrimp
This refreshing easy shrimp recipe is low in calories, high in flavor and is so versatile. It can be served hot or cold, and it’s great for a picnic (if you can keep it cool or it won’t be sitting out for too long), and could be wrapped in tortillas as easily as served over lettuce or rice. It also makes a great appetizer at parties -- just provide toothpicks!
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- 1 lb. medium or large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 lime juice only, 2 Tbsp., or more to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped, or more to taste
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- In a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook it for 30 seconds or so until it is fragrant, then add the shrimp and cook it, turning once, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, 2 – 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the shrimp to a bowl, and toss it with the lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Serve it immediately or refrigerate it for up to 2 days and serve it cold.
Scramble Flavor Booster: Double the garlic and sprinkle the finished dish with lemon pepper seasoning and lime zest. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 154, Total Fat: 6g, 9.5%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 5.5%; Cholesterol: 172mg, 57.5%; Sodium: 314mg, 14%; Total Carbohydrate: 2g, 1.5%; Dietary Fiber: 0g, 0%; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 23g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!