Four-Veggie Blast Smoothie
Whatever the weather, I love making smoothies (especially fruit and veggie smoothies) for breakfast or an afternoon snack because I know that they get my family toward our daily goal of 5 – 7 servings of fruits and vegetables. This one’s a little tart but even with all those veggies, it turns out dark pink and very drinkable. Cut the tartness with the optional sweetener, if desired.
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 1 cup low fat plain or fruit flavored kefir
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 carrot cut into thirds
- 1 stalk celery cut into thirds
- 1 cucumber cut into thirds (no need to peel)
- 1/2 cup kale stemmed and coarsely chopped or ripped
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- handful of fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup or 1 pitted date optional
Nutritional Information per Serving (% based upon Daily Values): Calories 200, Total Fat 4.5g, 7%, Saturated Fat 1g, 4%, Cholesterol 0mg, 0%, Sodium 37mg, 1.5%, Carbohydrate 63g, 21%, Dietary Fiber 12.5g, 50%, Sugar 20.5g, Protein 6.5g
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!