Egg-in-a-Nesto Pesto Pizzas
- 4 (7 - 8 inch) whole wheat round pita, naan, or roti breads (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 6 Tbsp. pesto sauce
- 1 cup grated manchego, fontina, Gouda, or mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach or baby arugula
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray 1 - 2 (depending on the size of your bread) large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay the breads flat on the baking sheet(s). Top each one with 1 1/2 Tbsp. pesto and 1/4 cup cheese, then lay the spinach on top of the cheese, forming a ring of greens with a space in the center large enough to hold the egg.
- Crack an egg in the center of each pizza, trying to keep the yolk intact and in the middle of the greens.
- Gently transfer the baking sheet(s) to the oven and bake them for 10 – 15 minutes, until the whites are opaque. If you want a firm yolk, cook them for an additional 2 minutes. (Meanwhile, prepare the salad, if you are serving it.) Serve immediately.