Far Out Farro Salad
- 1 cup farro perlato (pearled farro) such as Tuscan Fields brand, cooked according to the package directions to yield about 2 cups cooked farro
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice only, about 2 Tbsp.
- 15 oz. canned chickpeas drained and rinsed, or use 1 1/4cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cucumber peeled, seeded and diced, about 1 cup
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint and/or basil chopped
- 2 Tbsp. capers optional
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese optional
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper or to taste
- Cook the farro according to the package directions, stir in the oil, and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine it with the remaining ingredients (if the farro is still warm, wait a few more minutes to add the cheese, if you are using it, so it won’t melt) and chill it for at least 30 minutes, and up to 2 days.