Fluffy Scrambled Eggs with Basil
These are the most scrumptious scrambled eggs you'll ever have! They're perfect for breakfast, brunch, or breakfast-for-dinner (a favorite in my house). If your kids are skeptical, try telling them they are the same green eggs that Sam-I-Am ate with his ham!
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil finely chopped, or more to taste (about 10 leaves)
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- In a large bowl, thoroughly whisk together the eggs, yogurt, and basil.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter or margarine over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the egg mixture.
- Cook the eggs, stirring every few minutes, until they are light and fluffy, about 20 minutes. (You can increase the heat and cook them in about 10 minutes if you're in a hurry, but they won't be quite as fluffy).
- Season the eggs with salt to taste, and serve them immediately.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Prepare and refrigerate the egg mixture. Scramble Flavor Booster: Use extra basil and season the eggs with black pepper and a salt-free seasoning blend, such as Mrs. Dash. Serve the eggs with salsa and shredded Cheddar cheese. Tip: If you want your scrambled eggs really light and fluffy, use a little 'elbow grease' to beat the eggs. This usually takes whisking them for over 1 minute until they are somewhat frothy and have an even color throughout the bowl. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 246, Total Fat: 18g, 28%; Saturated Fat: 5g, 24%; Cholesterol: 529mg, 177%; Sodium: 276mg, 12%; Total Carbohydrate: 3g, 1%; Dietary Fiber: 0g, 0%; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 17g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!