French Silk Chocolate Pie
Silky-smooth, luscious, rich, and creamy are all words you could use to describe this chocolate-lover's dream of a dessert!
- 1 traditional or graham cracker pie crust
- 2 1/2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Whipped cream
- Bake the pie crust, unless you are using a graham cracker crust.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate over low heat. Remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, in an electric mixer, cream the butter.
- Gradually add the sugar and blend until creamy.
- Mix in the cooled chocolate and the vanilla.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating for 5 minutes after each addition on medium speed until the mixture is very light and fluffy.
- Turn the filling into the cooled, baked pie crust. Chill it for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve it topped with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and crushed walnuts, if desired. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 343, Total Fat: 25g, 37.5%; Saturated Fat: 13g, 66%; Cholesterol: 86mg, 29%; Sodium: 121mg, 5%; Total Carbohydrate: 29g, 9.5%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 5.5%; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!