Fruity Winter Kale Salad
This bright, fresh salad highlights the fabulous flavors that are in season in our colder months.
- 1 lb. kale chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange Muscat champagne vinegar or other champagne or sweet vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds seeds removed
- 1 naval orange peeled and diced (pour the juice in the salad, too)
- 1 green apple finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (preferably naturally sweetened)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- Put the kale in a large salad bowl, pour the oil over it and massage it with your hands for about a minute until the kale is well coated and tender.
- Combine the vinegar and salt and drizzle it on the kale.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Serve it immediately or refrigerate it for up to 24 hours.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 191, Total Fat: 11g, 17%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 6.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 101mg, 4%; Total Carbohydrate: 23g, 7.5%; Dietary Fiber: 4g, 16.5%; Sugar: 13g; Protein: 4g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!