Our version of this Greek classic was inspired by our favorite local Greek restaurant.
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 cucumbers peeled and diced
- 1/2 - 1 cup crumbled feta cheese or use real Greek feta in brine for best results
- 1/4 red onion sliced or finely diced
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano or mint, or use 1 - 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, and cheese.
- Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup sliced or finely diced red onion, if desired.
- Toss it with the oil and vinegar.
- Add oregano or mint and add black pepper to taste.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 80, Total Fat: 5g, 8%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 10%; Cholesterol: 10mg, 3%; Sodium: 140mg, 6%; Total Carbohydrate: 7g, 2%; Dietary Fiber: 1g, 4%; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 3g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!