Greek Steak Wraps with Tzatziki Sauce
This dish is reminiscent of a Greek gyro, but made with tasty strips of beef rather than lamb. We particularly love the flavorful yogurt sauce that holds the wraps together and gives them both a tang and a crunch. Scramble recipe tester Greg Kershner called this recipe “A winner! And a perfect example of what I love about your recipes. Quick. Easy. Fresh. Healthy. Packed with Flavor.” (Thanks, Greg!)
- 3 ranch steaks (8 oz. )
- 1 Tbsp. Greek seasoning or make your own with a combination of dried oregano, dried dill, dried onion, garlic powder, and a little salt
- 8 oz. plain low fat Greek yogurt (or use any variety)
- 1/2 English cucumber finely diced
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives drained and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh dill minced, or use 3/4 tsp. dried
- 6 pita, naan, or flat bread (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 3/4 cup grape or cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cut the steaks into ¼-inch thick strips. Put the strips in a medium bowl, add the Greek seasoning, and toss to coat.
- Make the tzatziki sauce in a medium serving bowl by combining the yogurt, cucumbers, olives, and dill.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add half of the beef, and cook, tossing occasionally, for about 2 minutes until it is no longer pink. Set it aside and repeat with the remaining beef.
- Alternatively, to grill the meat, heat the grill to medium-high heat (about 400 degrees). Grill the steak for 4 - 5 minutes per side until the steak reaches desired doneness.
- Spread a layer of the tzatziki sauce over one side of the wraps. Spoon about 1/6 of the beef down the center of the wraps, and sprinkle with the tomatoes and feta. Roll the sides of the wraps over the filling into a cone shape (wrap it securely with parchment paper or foil to hold everything together, if desired) and serve immediately.
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Cut the steak into strips as directed, and put in slow cooker. Sprinkle with Greek seasoning, and toss to combine. Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours or on high for 4 - 5 hours. Assemble and serve as directed. (Slow cooker cooking times may vary—Get to know your slow cooker and, if necessary, adjust cooking times accordingly.)
Do Ahead or Delegate: Cut the steak, toss it with seasoning and refrigerate, dice the cucumber, drain and chop the olives, mince the dill, make the tzatziki sauce and refrigerate, chop the tomatoes, crumble the cheese if necessary and refrigerate. Scramble Flavor Booster: Add 1/2 tsp. (1 clove) minced garlic to the tzatziki sauce and add freshly ground pepper to the wraps before rolling them. Tip: Greek seasoning is delicious on a variety of different foods. It's an easy way to add savory flavor to roasted potatoes, dips, salad dressings, and burgers. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 483, Total Fat: 14g, 21%; Saturated Fat: 5g, 25%; Cholesterol: 85mg, 29%; Sodium: 728mg, 31%; Total Carbohydrate: 40g, 13%; Dietary Fiber: 5g, 21%; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 46g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!