Japanese Ginger Dressing
Super easy to make, this dressing/sauce is also very versatile. Use it on a salad with crispy lettuce, carrots, purple cabbage, etc, but also great with baked or sautéed tofu and roast or grilled chicken or beef, even tossed with Japanese soba noodles!
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 large carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice only
- 1.5 Tbsp. honey or try 1/4 apple instead to make sugar free
- 1½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce or use tamari
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter or use tahini
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend til smooth. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Calories: 120kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 1gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 78mgPotassium: 87mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 2548IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 14mgIron: 0.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!