Light and Airy Coconut Meringue Cookies
These little beauties are like clouds of heaven, especially if your heaven involves a hint of coconut!
- 3 eggs whites only (make sure there’s no yolk at all in the whites)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and salt - slowly at first until they are frothy, then turn the speed way up and whip them until they are shiny and form peaks when you lift the beaters.
- Add the sugar very slowly, beating constantly, until the peaks are stiff and glossy.
- With a spatula, gently fold in the coconut and vanilla.
- Drop the batter using two spoons onto greased or parchment or silicone-lined baking sheets, trying to keep them in a puffy shape rather than flattening them. They don’t need to be spaced too far apart because they hold their shape when you bake them.
- Bake them for 20 – 25 minutes until they are lightly browned.
Tip: The eggs should be cold when you separate them, but ideally you should cover them and let them sit out for 30 minutes after you separate them and before you whip them.Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 30, Total Fat: 2g, 2.5%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 6.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 13mg, 0.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 4g, 1.5%; Dietary Fiber: 1g, 2.5%; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!