Light and Crunchy Broccoli Salad
While traditional broccoli salads tend to be creamy, this one is light and refreshing with a honey-dijon vinaigrette that you will love.
- 2 heads broccoli florets and stems chopped into small pieces, about 8 cups
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon juice only, about 2 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 shallots quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews or cooked bacon optional
- Steam the broccoli in the microwave or on the stovetop (with an inch of water if cooking on the stove) for 2 minutes until it is bright green, but not soft.
- Meanwhile, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, mustard and soy sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, cover and chill it for at least an hour and up to 3 days. Serve cold, seasoned with salt and black pepper, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 80, Total Fat: 4g, 6%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 2.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 162mg, 6.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 10g, 3.5%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 10.5%; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 3g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!