Light Potato Salad
This bright, fresh spin on classic potato salad will become your new go to for picnics and cookouts (as well as regular days)!
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. Yukon Gold or white potatoes peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise or use any variety
- 1 clove garlic minced, about 1/2 tsp.
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lime juice only, about 2 Tbsp.
- 1/4 white onion finely diced about 1 cup
- 1/2 - 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley or use cilantro, finely chopped, to taste
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water for 15 minutes, or until they are fork tender.
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the oil, mayonnaise, garlic, salt, and lime juice.
- Add the cooked potatoes, the onions, and the parsley or cilantro.
- Toss it thoroughly and chill it until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 150, Total Fat: 5g, 8%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 150mg, 6%; Total Carbohydrate: 25g, 8%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 8%; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!