Low-Sugar Orange-Ginger Cranberry Sauce
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or more to taste
- In a saucepan, combine the cranberries, juice and ginger, bring it to a boil. Partially cover it and simmer it for 8 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries are very tender and the sauce is thick.
- Stir in the maple syrup, remove it from the heat, and let it cool. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze it for up to 3 months.
Calories 135, Total Fat 0.5g, 0.5%, Saturated Fat 0g, 0%, Cholesterol 0mg, 0%, Sodium 5mg, 0.1%, Carbohydrate 34.5g, 11.5%, Dietary Fiber 5.5g, 21.5%, Sugar 22g, Protein 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!