Macaroni with Broccoli and Sundried Tomatoes
This is one of those meals, suggested by Scramble fan Tara Hutchison of Haskell, NJ, that makes you wonder why anyone thinks that making dinner is challenging. Just 6 ingredients, 25 minutes, and dinner is ready quicker than a pizza could be delivered to your house. Scramble recipe tester Debbie Firestone said, 'Wow, wow, WOW! It was awesome! Fabulous! It was easy to prepare, beautiful to look at, and tasty to eat!' For a heartier meal add 12 oz. chicken apple sausage, sliced and sautéed in olive oil, to the cooked pasta.
- 16 oz. ready-cut macaroni or ziti
- 16 oz. frozen petite broccoli florets
- 8 oz. julienne cut sundried tomatoes marinated in oil optional
- 1 Tbsp. fresh or frozen basil or pesto
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. salt-free lemon pepper seasoning to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions until it is al dente.
- Meanwhile, defrost the broccoli in the microwave or add it to the boiling water with the pasta for the final 3 - 4 minutes of cooking.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta with all the remaining ingredients (including the oil from the sundried tomatoes) except the cheese, then stir in the cheese. Serve it immediately or refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
Scramble Flavor Booster: Mix some red pepper flakes into the pasta mixture and/or serve the pasta with freshly ground black pepper. Tip: If you defrost the broccoli in the microwave, be sure to drain it to remove any excess water before adding it to the pasta mixture. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 385, Total Fat: 11g, 17%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 6%; Cholesterol: 6mg, 2%; Sodium: 129mg, 5.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 54g, 18%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 13%; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 14g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!