Fourth of July Berry Sweetza Pizza
Make this sweet pizza part of your family's July 4 tradition.
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 16 oz. sugar cookie dough (such as Pillsbury refrigerated or your favorite recipe)
- 4 cups berries (sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered/confectioners sugar
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Roll or press the cookie dough out to about 1/4 inch thickness and place it on the cookie sheet (if you are pressing rather than rolling, do that right on the cookie sheet).
- Bake it at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until it is light golden brown throughout. Allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, blend the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and spread it over the cooled crust.
- Arrange the berries over the frosting in a flag pattern, if desired. Chill for at least 30 minutes and cut it into wedges for serving.
Tip: To lighten up this recipe a bit, use either low fat or fat free cream cheese or whipped cream on top of the cookie crust. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values):Calories 477, Total Fat: 21g, 32%; Saturated Fat: 11g, 56%; Cholesterol: 42mg, 147%; Sodium: 254mg, 10.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 65g, 21.5%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 120%; Sugar: 48g; Protein: 5g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!