Mandarin Tuna Roll Ups
This is a quick-fix meal for a bustling night. For a low carb and lower calorie version, serve the tuna salad over the lettuce without the wraps, or use whole pieces of lettuce as the wraps themselves!
- 12 oz. chunk light tuna in water drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (or use any variety),
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 - 2 stalk celery finely chopped 1/2 cup or use canned water chestnuts, drained thoroughly
- 15 oz. mandarin oranges, drained thoroughly (use 1 cup mandarin orange segments or use fresh orange or pineapple tidbits)
- 4 whole wheat tortillas or pita pockets
- 2 cups romaine or other crunchy lettuce chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, curry powder and celery (or water chestnuts). Gently stir in the oranges (or pineapple).
- To serve, spread 1/4 of the tuna mixture in a tortilla or pita pocket, top it with 1/4 of the lettuce, roll it up and slice it in half crosswise (if using a tortilla). Serve it immediately.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Make the tuna salad, wash and chop the lettuce. Scramble Flavor Booster: Drizzle some Asian sweet chili sauce or chili garlic sauce over the wrap's filling. Tip: I always use chunk light tuna instead of white because it is much lower in mercury. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 270, Total Fat: 4g, 5%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 5%; Cholesterol: 45mg, 15%; Sodium: 890mg, 37%; Total Carbohydrate: 36g, 12%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 12%; Sugar: 10g; Protein: 24g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!