Mango Lime Coolers
This sparkling summer drink, invented by my colleague Linda Wolpert, is wonderfully refreshing on a hot summer day. For an adult cocktail, add an ounce of rum to each glass.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves plus a few extra sprigs for garnish
- 6 limes juice only (about 1 cup)
- 6 cups seltzer water
- 1/2 cup fresh mango cut into 1/2-inch chunks, or use frozen.
- Thaw the frozen mango, if using it.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water over medium-high heat and bring it to a boil. When it comes to a boil, stir in the mint, cover, and remove it from the heat. Let it cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Strain the mint syrup into a pitcher (I use a fine metal strainer). Add the lime juice, seltzer and mangos.
- Serve it over ice, garnished with the extra mint sprigs.
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!